Hình ảnh quảng cáo trong trang giới thiệu



To enter Vietnam, HUST’s foreign professors and experts need a visa issued by the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in your own country (region) of residence or a Vietnam visa-on-arrival.

Citizens of the following countries can receive a free entry visa to Vietnam for the duration listed below:

  • ASEAN countries: from 14 to 30 days;
  • Chile: 90 days; and
  • Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the UK (British citizens only): 15 days (the gap of at least 30 days in between two visa-free entries has been removed as per the new immigration law.)

In addition, Vietnam has also updated the processes and procedures for the e-visa system (https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt), allowing a single-entry visit with a duration of up to 30 days, for 81 nationalities.

However, to work and remain for an extended period in Vietnam, HUST’s foreign professors and experts need to apply for single or multiple entry visas. Full guidance to apply for those types of entry visa should be provided by hosted schools/ faculties and External Affairs Office.

Note: Vietnam has suspended the entry of foreigners and regular commercial flights since March 25 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, Vietnam has allowed the entry of diplomats, foreign experts, business managers, investors, and high-skilled workers.


A work permit is required for foreign professors/experts working in Vietnam for more than three months which is issued by the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA) of Vietnam. Under the Labor Code 2019 that has took effect in 2021, work permits will be issued for a period of up to two years and restricted to only one renewal.

To be eligible for a work permit, the applicant must comply with the following conditions:

  • At least 18 years of age;
  • In a good state of health to satisfy job requirements;
  • A manager, executive director or expert with technical skills and knowledge necessary for the job;
  • Not currently subject to criminal prosecution or any criminal sentence in Vietnam or overseas or have a criminal record.

Currently, work permits for foreigners are valid for a maximum of two years and are not renewable. A new application must be made if the organization wishes to continue employing the foreign worker.

In some circumstances, foreign professors and experts may work at HUST without a work permit as the fact that they obtained a work permit exemption certificate or they are experts in ODA-funded project. The certificate is equivalent to a work permit, valid for up to 2 years, and also serves as a basis to apply for a temporary residence card. Full guidance to apply for this types of entry visa should be provided by hosted schools/ faculties and External Affairs Office.


HUST’s foreign professors and experts who hold work permits (or work permit exemption certificate) valid for one year or more can be granted a Temporary Residence Card (TRC). A TRC is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department and has the same term as a work permit (or work permit exemption certificate).

For further information and support, please.contact External Affairs Office – HUST at htdn@hust.edu.vn

You did not use the site, Click here to remain logged. Timeout: 60 second